Hello iACToR members,
iACToR now has Chat!
- Need to collaborate with colleagues on another continent?
- Need that last second reference from an associate for your publication?
- Need to communicate valuable findings to partners across the globe?
Members can use chat to answer all the questions above and more. To access chat, all you need to do is sign in and begin conversing with your partners and associates immediately, all within the iACToR Member’s site. We hope you enjoy this instrumental upgrade poised to make iACToR the official voice and resource for our international community. Invite your friends and colleagues to enjoy all the site has to offer.
Top CyberPsychology News
Med-E-Tel Gears Up for Another Successful Conference
Luxembourg April 1, 2010
- Med-e-Tel focuses on ehealth and telemedicine applications and a wide range of other medical ICT applications and on the convergence of information and communication technology with medical applications, which lead to higher quality of care, cost reductions, workflow efficiency, and widespread availability of healthcare services. This year’s conference will take place in Luxembourg on April 14-16, 2010. iACToR Premium Members get a 10% discount on Registration. To view the latest Med-e-Tel newsletter, visit http://www.medetel.lu/index.php?rub=news&page=newsletter
Looking at Friends on Facebook Increases Pleasantness
Newburyport, MA April 5, 2010
- A new study suggests that when we are looking through our friends’ updates, photos, etc. on Facebook, we show greater physiological evidence of pleasantness (as measured through facial muscle EMG responses). Why would we express more pleasantness when looking at specific information regarding one of our “friends” on Facebook? To read the full story visit: http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2010/04/05/looking-at-friends...
iACToR Premium Member of the Week
Mark D. Wiederhold, M.D., Ph.D.
Mark D. Wiederhold, is an Internal Medicine Specialist with extensive experience in Critical Care Medicine. He was a member of the medical at staff of Scripps Clinic Green Hospital, Pomerado Hospital, and the Naval Hospital at Camp Pendelton. Over the past 38 years, he has been involved in a variety of clinical and research settings. He was the Director of Clinical Research, Department of Internal Medicine at Scripps Clinic, and was a Clinical Assistant Professor in Internal Medicine at University of California San Diego School of Medicine. He is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians, a Certified Physician Executive (CPE), a Diplomate of the American College of Physician Executives, and certified by the Certifying Commission in Medical Management. He is currently the President of the Virtual Reality Medical Center and develops simulated environments that enable the user to achieve success in training, therapy and educational goals. Mark D. Wiederhold is on the Managing Board of iACToR as the Treasurer of the Association.
5 Most Significant Contributions to the field
- Identified dysfunctional bio-active lipid pathways in cancer patients and suggested potential targets for treatment
- Identified unique physiological biometrics combined with data fusion to produce secure identification systems
- Converted hyper-spectral imaging reconnaissance technologies into non-invasive cancer diagnostic tools
- Created life like human tissue from artificial and nano-materials for advanced trauma and surgical training
- Effectively developed metrics and objective measures that improve performance in urban warfare and battlefield medical missions through the use of virtual environments
Please visit Dr. Mark D. Wiederhold’s profile at http://iactor.ning.com/profile/MarkDWiederhold
5 Ways to Get More Involved in the iACToR Members Website
- Become a Premium Member of iACToR!
- Get extensive discounts off registration for the World Health Care Congress in Washington D.C., World Health Care Congress in Brussels, Belgium, Med-E-Tel Conference, and the 15th Annual CyberPsychology and CyberTherapy Conference.
- Get discounted subscriptions to your favorite CyberPsychology publications
- Enjoy free online access to the largest online CyberPsychology Database on the Internet (Being launched soon!)
- Take part in the annual iACToR General Assembly
- Receive discounted membership to affiliated associations and societies.
- Join your local iACToR Chapter! Please visit the Chapter page to request membership to the appropriate iACToR Chapter. This is an excellent way to become acquainted and introduced to colleagues in your area!
- Begin the discussion! Please visit the Forum, find the appropriate category, and click Add a Discussion! As this field is rapidly growing, collaboration and discussion is vital to the growth and progress. Some have begun already, and we hope to see you post as well.
- Invite your colleagues! On the right hand side, under your name, next to the friends hyperlink is an Invite hyperlink. We encourage you to invite your colleagues to join in the discussion.
- Update Your Profile and Comment on Others! Keep members up to date with your latest information. Post a blog, update your status, add a picture of yourself, and let the community know your area of expertise. All can be done with in your Profile page and we encourage you to do so!
- iACToR is in the process of compiling and formatting the largest CyberPsychology and CyberTherapy Resource for Premium iACToR Members to be launched soon! Stay tuned for details.
- iACToR is in the process of adding video chat to the iACToR website so that members can communicate and collaborate no matter where they are across the globe face-to-face. Stay tuned for updates!
Thank you all and I look forward to shaping our community with your help and valuable input!
Create your own reality!
Brenda K. Wiederhold, PhD, MBA, BCIA
International Association of CyberPsychology, Training, & Rehabilitation (iACToR)