Hello iACToR members,
Week 2 of the iACToR site finds us double in size now with 92 members! Everyone has begun to join his or her local chapters and we encourage you to do so. To join, visit the Chapters
tab, click on your relevant regional area, and request to join the group.
Top CyberPsychology News
15th Annual CyberPsychology & CyberTherapy Conference Registraton is Open
Seoul, Korea March 1, 2010
- Registration to the official annual Conference of iACToR has now opened. This groundbreaking conference examines technologies as enabling tools as well as the impact of new technologies. Please visit www.e-therapy2010.org
to register today.
Journal of CyberTherapy and Rehabilitation (JCR) Vol. 2 Issue 4 Now Available Online
Brussels, Belgium March 4, 2010
- JCR, the official journal of iACToR, Volume 2 Issue 4 is now available for online viewing. JCR, indexed in PsycINFO, EBSCO, and Gale has also recently released a call for papers for its Volume 3 Issue 1 publication. To view past issues or to submit to JCR for publication please visit the JCR/C&R
page of the iACToR site or http://www.vrphobia.eu
iACToR Premium Member of the Week
Stéphane Bouchard, Ph.D.
Stéphane Bouchard holds the Canada Research Chair in Clinical Cyberpsychololgy
and teaches cyberpsychology and psychotherapy at the Université du Québec en Outaouais
. As a scientist-practitioner, his research shows an important preoccupation towards conducting both meaningful clinical applications of cyberpsychology and rigorous science to treat anxiety disorders. His current research projects involve developing virtual environments to treat complex anxiety disorders, leading randomized control trials on the efficacy of in virtuo exposure for phobias and conducting experimental studies to understand to why virtual reality is an effective treatment tool. His research lab holds Psyche, the only six-sided total immersion system dedicated to mental health research in the world. He is the co-director of the Cyberpsychology Lab of the UQO and the director of the Canadian Cyberpsychology and Anxiety Virtual Lab and has published more than 60 scientific articles and book chapters and delivered hundreds of scientific communications around the world (see w3.uqo.ca/cyberpsy for more details).
5 Most Significant Contributions to the field
- Creating a world-class cyberpsychology lab at UQO
- Creating and validating clinical virtual environments.
- Demonstrating the importance of emotions and beliefs in the feeling of presence.
- Demonstrating the efficacy of telepsychotherapy for panic disorder with agoraphobia and the strength of the therapeutic alliance.
- Developing a methodology for the analysis of the therapeutic process with V-ARMA.
Please visit his iACToR Profile at http://iactor.ning.com/profile/StephaneBouchard
Become a Premium Member of iACToR!
- Get extensive discounts off registration for the World Health Care Congress in Washington D.C., World Health Care Congress in Brussels, Belgium, Med-E-Tel Conference, and the 15th Annual CyberPsychology and CyberTherapy Conference.
- Get discounted subscriptions to your favorite CyberPsychology publications
- Enjoy free online access to the largest online CyberPsychology Database on the Internet (Being launched soon!)
- Take part in the annual iACToR General Assembly
- Receive discounted membership to affiliated associations and societies.
- Join your local iACToR Chapter! Please visit the Chapter page to request membership to the appropriate iACToR Chapter. This is an excellent way to become acquainted and introduced to colleagues in your area!
- Begin the discussion! Please visit the Forum, find the appropriate category, and click “Add a Discussion”! As this field is rapidly growing, collaboration and discussion is vital to the growth and progress. Some have begun already, and we hope to see you post as well.
- Invite your colleagues! On the right hand side, under your name, next to the friends hyperlink is an “Invite” hyperlink. We encourage you to invite your colleagues to join in the discussion.
- Update Your Profile and Comment on Other’s! Keep members up to date with your latest information. Post a blog, update your status, add a picture of yourself, connect with your Twitter account. All can be done within your Profile page and we encourage you to do so!
- iACToR is in the process of compiling and formatting the largest CyberPsychology and CyberTherapy Resource for Premium iACToR Members to be launched soon! Stay tuned for details.
Thank you all and I look forward to shaping our community with your help and valuable input!
Create your own reality!
Brenda K. Wiederhold, PhD, MBA, BCIA
International Association of CyberPsychology, Training, & Rehabilitation (iACToR)