Top CyberPsychology News
Free, Special Issue of CyberPsychology, Behavior, & Social Networking
New Rochelle, NY, February 11, 2010
- Posttraumatic Stress disorder (PTSD) threatens to overload healthcare and social support systems worldwide as the number of cases rises and existing treatments are not sufficiently effective. New approaches to treatment are relying on technology, such as virtual reality, to alleviate the psychologically damaging effects of PTSD, and these innovative solutions are explored in this free issue. Please click here
to retrieve this issue.
5 Ways to Get More Involved in the iACToR Member’s Website
New Features to the Website
- Become a Premium Member of iACToR!
- Get extensive discounts off registration for the World Health Care Congress in Washington D.C., World Health Care Congress in Brussels, Belgium, Med-E-Tel Conference, and the 15th Annual CyberPsychology and CyberTherapy Conference.
- Get discounted subscriptions to your favorite CyberPsychology publications
- Enjoy free online access to the largest online CyberPsychology Database on the Internet (Being launched soon!)
- Take part in the annual iACToR General Assembly
- Receive discounted membership to affiliated associations and societies.
- Join your local iACToR Chapter! Please visit the Chapter page to request membership to the appropriate iACToR Chapter. This is an excellent way to become acquainted and introduced to colleagues in your area!
- Begin the discussion! Please visit the Forum, find the appropriate category, and click “Add a Discussion”! As this field is rapidly growing, collaboration and discussion is vital to the growth and progress. Some have begun already, and we hope to see you post as well.
- Invite your colleagues! On the right hand side, under your name, next to the friends hyperlink is an “Invite” hyperlink. We encourage you to invite your colleagues to join in the discussion.
- Update Your Profile and Comment on Other’s! Keep members up to date with your latest information. Post a blog, update your status, add a picture of yourself, connect with your Twitter account. All can be done within your Profile page and we encourage you to do so!
- JCR/C&R page – This page highlights the official voice (CyberTherapy & Rehabilitation Magazine (C&R) and official journal (Journal of CyberTherapy & Rehabilitation (JCR) of iACToR. Please feel free to download these issues and submit your next paper to JCR!
- If you desire to contribute to iACToR’s effort to “Transform Healthcare Through Technology,” we encourage you to visit our Donation page for ways to help achieve this goal.
- iACToR is in the process of compiling and formatting the largest CyberPsychology and CyberTherapy Resource for Premium iACToR Members to be launched soon! Stay tuned for details.
- iACToR Member of the Week: Starting next week iACToR will feature one of its iACToR premium members in its weekly e-mail.
Thank you all and I look forward to shaping our community with your help and valuable input!
Create your own reality!
Brenda K. Wiederhold, PhD, MBA, BCIA
International Association of CyberPsychology, Training, & Rehabilitation (iACToR)