Hello iACToR members,
One of the main purposes of the iACToR Member’s Website is to allow members the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues from across the world who share similar research efforts.
We encourage members to join their Local Chapters and Special Interest Groups to see whom on the iACToR Website shares the same research goals. To join a Geographical Chapter or Special Interest Group click on the Groups
Tab and Request to join any of the following Groups.
Current Special Interest Groups Available:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Human Computer Interaction
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Wireless Health
Current Geographical Chapters Available:
- United States
Want to add a group? Let us know! We’ll be happy to accommodate the addition of any group or chapter requests relevant to the field.
Top CyberPsychology News
INTERSTRESS Tests Technology Solution to Stress
Milan, Italy March 30, 2010
- What if lowering your stress level was as easy and as much fun as playing a video game? What if all of the work was automated for you, with reminders on your mobile phone? What if the system that achieved this was so smart, it changed the program the second you changed your behavior? This is the vision of a new project funded by ICT for Health, European Commission. Called Interreality in the Management and Treatment of Stress- Related Disorders, or INTERSTRESS for short, the project aims to design, develop, and test an advanced ICT-based solution for the assessment and treatment of psychological stress. Read the full press release at http://iactor.ning.com/forum/topics/mobile-health
Health Care CEOs to Converge April 12-14, 2010 in Washington, D.C. for First Post-Reform Meeting at 7th Annual World Health Care Congress
Washington, D.C., March 31, 2010
- With the most sweeping changes to national health care policy now law, the 7th World Health Care Congress will feature the first post-reform gathering of the nation’s top health care executives from all industry sectors. The 7th Annual World Health Care Congress is the most prestigious meeting of chief and senior executives from all industry. The 2010 conference will convene more than 1,800 CEOs, senior executives and government officials from the nation's largest employers, hospitals, health systems, health plans, pharmaceutical and biotech companies, and leading government agency policy makers. iACToR Premium Members get $200 off registration. Take advantage of this offer at www.worldhealthcarecongress.com
iACToR Premium Member of the Week
Georgina Cárdenas-López, Ph.D.
Dr. Cárdenas is a full professor at the School of Psychology at the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM). Founder and director of the Virtual Teaching and Cyberpsychology Lab at the UNAM in 2001, her teaching projects focus on the development of computer based tutorials and virtual simulators to teach clinical competencies in anxiety disorders and family violence interventions. Her current interest areas of research include evaluating an e-therapy program as a training scenario and conducting studies to find out its efficiency in Latino populations living abroad. She is also conducting studies to understand the relevance of VR cross-cultural validation as a dissemination strategy in the field and continues to develop virtual environments to treat socially relevant problems in her country as criminal and family violence, obesity and addictions. She is an active member of the Directive Council of the Mexican Society of Psychology and vice-president of the Mexican Association of Psychology professionals. Prof. Georgina Cárdenas-López currently resides on the managing board of iACToR as the Membership Director of the Association.
5 Most Significant Contributions to the field
- Founding the first Cyberpsychology lab in Mexico
- Developing an educational platform (SASPVI) to provide Tele-psychology services.
- Developing and validating clinical virtual environments for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
- Demonstrating the efficiency of psychotherapy on line programs as training scenarios for clinical skills.
- Creating VR environments for assessing and treating PSTD in women victims of family violence or criminal aggression.
Please visit Prof. Georgina Cárdenas-López’s profile at http://iactor.ning.com/profile/georginaCardenasLopez
5 Ways to Get More Involved in the iACToR Members Website
- Become a Premium Member of iACToR!
- Get extensive discounts off registration for the World Health Care Congress in Washington D.C., World Health Care Congress in Brussels, Belgium, Med-E-Tel Conference, and the 15th Annual CyberPsychology and CyberTherapy Conference.
- Get discounted subscriptions to your favorite CyberPsychology publications
- Enjoy free online access to the largest online CyberPsychology Database on the Internet (Being launched soon!)
- Take part in the annual iACToR General Assembly
- Receive discounted membership to affiliated associations and societies.
- Join your local iACToR Chapter! Please visit the Chapter page to request membership to the appropriate iACToR Chapter. This is an excellent way to become acquainted and introduced to colleagues in your area!
- Begin the discussion! Please visit the Forum, find the appropriate category, and click Add a Discussion! As this field is rapidly growing, collaboration and discussion is vital to the growth and progress. Some have begun already, and we hope to see you post as well.
- Invite your colleagues! On the right hand side, under your name, next to the friends hyperlink is an Invite hyperlink. We encourage you to invite your colleagues to join in the discussion.
- Update Your Profile and Comment on Others! Keep members up to date with your latest information. Post a blog, update your status, add a picture of yourself, and let the community know your area of expertise. All can be done with in your Profile page and we encourage you to do so!
- iACToR is in the process of compiling and formatting the largest CyberPsychology and CyberTherapy Resource for Premium iACToR Members to be launched soon! Stay tuned for details.
- iACToR is in the process of adding video chat to the iACToR website so that members can communicate and collaborate no matter where they are across the globe face-to-face. Stay tuned for updates!
Thank you all and I look forward to shaping our community with your help and valuable input!
Create your own reality!
Brenda K. Wiederhold, PhD, MBA, BCIA
International Association of CyberPsychology, Training, & Rehabilitation (iACToR)